Advantages of Manual Irrigation System:
1. It is the best method of irrigation for leveled fields.
2. It does not require any technical knowledge.
3. This method is more useful in soils having lesser infiltration.
4. In this method, rain water stays in basins, hence soil erosion is not caused.
5. It has lesser economic investment.
6. It irrigates more area.
7. Crops gets sufficient water.
Disadvantages of Manual Irrigation System:
1. Due to seepage in drains, wastage of water is caused.
2. Machines cannot be used m this method because during spray of insecticides or fertilizers, the earthen walls of basins are damaged.
3. There Is imbalance in distribution of labour. After growth of crops, water reaches the basins in disproportionate quantity thereby causing wastage of water.
4. Creation of problem of water logging.