Level basin irrigation has historically been used in small areas having level surfaces that are surrounded. With level–basin irrigation systems the exact amount of water necessary for plant growth can be evenly distributed to all parts of the field. Even distribution results in improved germination, improved plant environment, uniform plant growth, and, ultimately, improved production.
Benefits/Advantages of Level-Basin Irrigation System:
- 1. It saves time. Once the water is opened, it reaches other trees automatically.
- 2. Its economic investment is less.
- 3. It is beneficial for more trees.
Disadvantages of Level-Basin Irrigation System:
- 1. It is not useful for all crops.
- 2. Wastage of water is caused in it.
- 3. Diseases spread in trees.